Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A slight scare from the FAA

Yesterday I received 3 letters in the mail from OKC. One was my firm offer of employment, the other was the ammended firm offer which changed the city name of my facility. The last one was a quick scare.

It was a letter requesting a rubicon of medical information from my primary care doctor concerning medical conditions which I reported on my medical form and that my required medical certificate was under further review based on that information. It turns out that my medical paperwork was duplicated and sent for an airmens 2nd class medical certificate along with the ATC 2nd class medical which I cleared. I called the sothern region medical,they told me to toss the notice and apologized for the mix-up. On a positive note its good to know that if I ever want a commercial pilot certificate I will have to submit that info inorder to obtain the proper medical certificate.

Less than a week left of work and I'll finally have some time off to spend time with my family and friends. Today is going to be an action packed day of starting to throw things away and pack. My goal is to have everything packed by next week Tuesday and moved to the garage for easy access when I move it all into storage. The only things I plan to take to OKC with me are a suitcase of clothes, my laptop, bowling balls, umpire equipment, and bike.

Thats all for today

No comments: