Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Headed to Jacksonville

Well today is the big day. I begin my journey to Jacksonville for my pre-employment testing with the FAA. Earlier this week I obtained my last years worth of medical records to take with me. I filled out all the required forms.

I spent Monday doing laundry and getting things together for my trip. One of the many obstacles was finding a flight down there. My free benefits didn't yield any positive results with open seats. I had to go from counter to counter at the airport to find an airline that had a "fly for free agreement" with Air Wisconsin. I found this with Delta. I had to remind my station manager several times to type up a required letterhead for my travel on Delta. He put it off until the last minute and didn't come into work the last day that I needed it. I had to ask our administrative assistant to type it up, and she said that we didn't have an agreement with Delta. She typed it up none the less. I won't find out if it was approved by Delta until I show up at the airport today. I spoke to Delta's station manager just before I turned it in and he said I should be OK.

After I get out of work I still have to pack my clothes and laptop. The first flight I can make is at 0955. If I get there it will be one of the many lucky breaks I got. I ended up with the last hotel room and rental car in Jacksonville. I just need the weather to cooperate.

No comments: